Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Where is Eboni?

My thought every morning!
Well hello friends and happiest holidays to you!!  

I wanted to check in as I have been catching up on your blogs and it's so exciting to see the next set of homes underway!  

So what's been going on with us and what's next?  
  • As far as our home is concerned, there are some very small things to be addressed at our 30-day, but nothing immediate!  Our refrigerator takes about 30 min. to fill a cup with water.  They came to check the line to ensure it was fully open and it was.  This turned into a call to the manufacture by our PM.  He is taking care of this, so I hope to have it addressed soon.  While moving the refrigerator, they scratched a few wood planks, even though they put down a protector board.  Our PM will be replacing those planks. 
  • A few cabinets had small scratches.  Our PM called the cabinet guy to address the issues.  He came, made the issues even worse, so now our PM is replacing the cabinets.  Our PM is the best!  We did not have to say one word...he just said "I will have them replaced".  
  • Ordered blinds, but they are taking forever...so hopefully the neighbors aren't looking too hard!  HAHAHA I have to change clothes in my closet to keep it PG in the community.  
  • We painted the laundry room - boy does paint transform a room!  
  • Washer and dryer decided upon, delivered AND used already HAHAHA - we decided on the Maytag Bravos XL (in Granite color) and I love them...oh...did I mention I scored a floor model dryer with only a small scratch that you can't see unless I point it out to you...for 50% off???  Yes...$1199 sliced in half!  
  • Purchased paint for secondary bedrooms and master closets - All McCormick Paints because we had a coupon from our builder as this is what they used in the homes.  They also offer a great quality product with awesome colors!  
  • Replaced our standard thermostat with a Nest - LOVE!
  • Purchased a dining room table and four chairs from Restoration Hardware - I need to do an entire post on this purchase, but to keep it quick, ask about purchasing floor models.  They will possibly have a wait list of people (yes, I couldn't believe it either).  If there is a scratch like on the leg of the table...do you really care?  If not, grab that thing for a huge discounted price.  Well...that is what we did!  After all, a scratch will only add to the whole 'rustic' look! LOL  It should be delivered tomorrow.  
  • Painting 2nd and 3rd bedrooms, master closets and great/living room shelving areas this Saturday...and no we will NOT be doing this ourselves.  The laundry room was fun but I dare not put my painting skills to a wall where people actually have time to observe the mess-ups.  HAHAHA 
  • Having shelving installed in the great/living room near the fireplace next weekend.
  • Currently entertaining quotes for closet systems in our closets.  So far, I am still leaning towards to the Elfa System, but we shall see.
  • Entertainment systems, such as TVs, speakers and lighting controls are in the making through Magnolia.
  • On the prowl for two more chairs to complete the dining room table.  I wanted airchairs at the heads of the table to mix it up a little.  
  • Planning on finishing the garage before the snow comes! YIKES
  • I will be putting in a peep hole in the front entrance then adding a peep hole viewer.

We have also managed to get that big heavy mattress to the third floor which will be our guest mattress.  It took us about 3 days to do so, but we made it!  I hope to have the guest bedroom completed soon after it's painted.  
We have a list of projects to do but these are the ones that are more immediate.    

Eboni's Advice Corner: 
  • If you want something added to your home and there is still construction going on in your community, ask the guys on-site about completing the work.  Winter is approaching which means they will gladly accept more work.  For us, we thought "why not, they are the same guys who put the home together.  If anyone knows the in's and out's...it's them"!  Our painters actually painted our model homes so that was a score.  It was super easy to tell them exactly what we wanted and you can't beat the price with a stick!  
  • Don't forget to ask about floor models on appliances and select furniture items.  This could save you a ton of money and you could still achieve your vision.
  • Don't feel obligated to take on so many projects at one time!  It's your home, you just moved in and hopefully you are not going anywhere too soon.  Take some time to plan and get things exactly how you want them.  
  • Lastly, ENJOY YOUR HOME
Sorry I do not have any pictures of anything as it stands, but as projects get finished maybe I will post them here or create another blog.  



xoxo

6 comments:

  1. Eboni-

    Love the table and chairs!!! Our sales person calls us every single time they have a floor sale... We have gotten some excellent deals. I love RH. We have an outlet too. So great. Haha.

    We just had the first floor painted. We are going to paint our daughters room after Christmas and I'm so not looking forward to it!

    Have a great Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Bridget! Aren't those RH deals to die for?

      I can't wait to see more pics of your home!

      Merry Christmas to you and your family as well!

      Delete
  2. That table and those chairs are gorgeous! Great finds! I love when places sell the floor models! A little sratch here and there isn't even noticeable!

    I hope you have an awesome Christmas in your new home!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I could not agree more!

      Thank you and I wish you and your family a very joyful Christmas as well!

      Delete
  3. I just found your blog, and I wanted to let you know it is helpful! We're currently building a Ryan Homes Strauss Townhome in the DC area, and our community also has NVHomes Andrew Carnegie townhomes as well. It's a beautiful home, and I love your selections. It's great to read about your experience with NV to get an idea of what to expect as we start the construction process.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I look forward to seeing how you enjoy your process as well. I am here to answer any questions along the way!!! Congrats!

      Delete