Monday, October 20, 2014

Meet Diesel and the Drywall

This past Sunday, there were two reasons to celebrate: Diesel, our yorkie celebrated his BIG 5th birthday aaannnnddd we have drywall!  Yiiippppeeee!!!
Up until this point, we had not taken Diesel out to the site because there was so much going on and he is one active little guy.  Our PM gave us the OK (we asked in advance just to make sure it was safe to walk through).  Although there was no active construction, our PM said sometimes drywalling can be dangerous.   Better safe than sorry right?  

So, let me just say it was unbelievably large with drywall compared to how it looked without drywall.  Many people told me this would be the case, but my mind couldn't grasp the concept.  I could not understand how the heck the space would appear to be larger with more materials inside???  Huh???  Hey, I am not complaining at all, just amused.  

We let Diesel explore a little, but not too much because he could easily fit through some of the gaps like stair rails.  I didn't take too many pics, but at least you can see the garage and great room!   

I hear everything moves fast after drywall is up.  I can't wait to see it transform even more.  It's about time to think about furnishing the place right?  We have so many items to purchase.  I feel a future post brewing on furnishing our home.  :-)  I know you all will help me make some great decisions!

Hi, I'm Diesel!
Diesel enjoying his birthday popsicle
Diesel looking out of the deck level doors in his "I'm the birthday boy" shirt
Looking into the great room from the kitchen
Looking into the garage


xoxo

8 comments:

  1. Diesel is tooooooo cute! His name cracks me up :) Glad the drywall is up - now it's going to go so quickly!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! Thank you! I can't wait...I will be back asking you for your thoughts on furnishings soon! :-)

      Delete
  2. Diesel is so stinkin cute!!

    Isn't it crazy how drywall makes such a difference? It really starts to feel like a house at that point. It's nice to be able to really see the rooms in your home. You guys are going to be done before you know it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much!

      Yes, I am excited to get to where you guys are...(currently reading your latest post)! LOL

      Delete
  3. You're getting closer! I love those french doors in your family room. I can't wait to see the end results!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We have drywall too now. I thought it would feel smaller, but it feels so big! It's great!

    I'm happy to say that I have commenced furniture shopping. Thank god cause it was driving me crazy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! Your home is huge! :-)

      Ohhhh how awesome! I can't wait to actually start some shopping. I will surely be reaching out for some help once I get some possibilities together. LOL

      Delete