Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Post Labor Day Holiday Update and Settlement Date

Hello everyone!  I hope you all enjoyed your Labor Day weekend and had a chance to relax a little!

We were in NYC eating pizza and bagels...and I felt every bite this morning at boot-camp!!!  Upon returning, we had our first meeting with our PM's (we have two), a representative for our broker and our Sales Rep. (SR).  The meeting went very well and great questions were asked and answered.  It was a very simplistic meeting to go over things like the elevation choice and basic choices inside the home.  Of course, there is always a required signature, but we felt really good about the meeting overall.  I thought the PM's were really nice and professional.  This experience should go well from here on out and we look forward to working with them.  The PM's said they would communicate with us on a weekly basis and they informed us to give them a call or shoot them an email before going to the construction site for safety reasons.  Noted...

So where are they with our home?
The darn foundation was poured while we were out of town.  I have already told myself that there are just somethings you can't change (this goes back to my earlier post).  My hubby informed the PM's that capturing the milestones were a huge deal to me.  The PM's told me they would send me pics because they understood it would be impossible for us to get out to the site to capture everything ourselves.  That was a nice gesture and I really did appreciate them offering to do that for us!

Talk about fast...we have a settlement week of November 21, 2014.  That is super fast and we are super excited...well I am super excited because my loving hubby is always so 'chill' about everything!  LOL  We will be traveling during that time for our family holiday so that date my move to early December.  We were told our lumber would be delivered today so who knows what all will be done when I go back out this weekend.  They have already started to sell homes in two other rows with delivery dates in December 2014.

I snapped a few shots of the row and our soon-to-be townhome.  I will keep you posted as there should be weekly updates from here on out.

Standing in front of our townhome (we are between two smaller units)

Standing on our future driveway

Standing at corner of street (opposite side)

xoxo

xoxo

4 comments:

  1. That is so exciting! I love how your husband is just "chill" about everything! My boyfriend is the same exact way! It takes A LOT to get him hyped up about stuff. He is finally getting excited now that he can walk around the house and it's more tangible, but before that it was just me being pumped up and excited about everything! lol!

    Things are going to fly for you guys now! Once they start building it goes so fast!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! Too funny...maybe it's a "man-thing"!!! HAHAHAHA They need to let all that excitement out and set it free! Yes, I hear that things are going to go crazy fast but I am looking forward to it! Can't wait to move in and decorate. :-)

      Delete
  2. Yay for some progress - I agree, things are going to move so quick now! It stinks that they started before they told you, but on the bright side at least you aren't still waiting for them to get started. 11/21 will be here before you know it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes indeed...it could be worse right? Waiting on them to sell the row...LOL

      Delete